Immigration and Newcomers
Learn about careers in NL’s tech sector.
techNL’s primary purpose is to help our industry thrive. That means our connections to employers are many. Whether you’re struggling to fill an important role, need help navigating funding or international hiring programs, are curious about diversity, equity and inclusion, or simply want to discuss workforce topics, we’re here to help.
Help finding international workers
Where can I find international workers?
We can help you as we have a database of candidates and we participate in virtual and in-person career fairs. You can share with us the skills and profile you are looking for and we will guide you to find a match.
Resources needed for onboarding
Other resources in NL
I need help onboarding international workers
Please contact us and we will guide you or redirect you to the relevant organization according to your needs.
How can I hire them?
The way to hire them will depend on several situations:
· Current immigration status of the candidate;
· Immigration processes the candidate is going through;
· Delays you are expecting to have a highly skilled candidate ready to work for you;
· If your company is registered as a designated employer for the Atlantic Immigration Program.
You can contact us and we can guide you.
Also, we can connect you with a regulated immigration consultant to guide you and support you for the immigration processes to bring a candidate.
How can I help international employees settle/integrate?<br />
International employees need to feel at home. Any help you can provide will be a good support for your employees.
Here are some ideas:
· Sharing the culture at work in Canada and in your company,
· Connect them with communities from their home country,
· Offer carpooling within your company,
· Organise social events,
· Celebrate holidays from their home country,
· Redirect them to relevant organisations (such as ANC) that will guide them through administrative process (driving license, MCP, find a home, etc.)
Fuelled by the explosive growth of established companies and new startups, the tech sector in the province is expected to hire more than 2000 employees in the next five years. However, we don’t currently have the required number of workers to fill this demand.
This talent gap means an abundance of job opportunities and a chance to chart your career path by trying different roles in the burgeoning tech sector. You don’t need to have a technical education or a particular personality type to succeed in the tech industry. All you need is passion and a thirst to learn.