Solace Power Inc. is seeking to hire a Vice President, Sales and Marketing.
Application Deadline: October 10th, 2023
Developing wireless power technology isn’t your everyday office job!
As a close team of almost forty people, everyone at Solace Power Inc. contributes to pushing the limits and
redefining the way we think about wireless power. We are currently looking for a new team member who can
help us bring to market a new class of technology that truly doesn’t exist anywhere else!
Working at Solace is not your average job. From transferring power through windows and walls, to delivering on
the complex wireless power requirements in aerospace and defense – whether you work in procurement,
engineering, or sales – no two days are ever the same!
The VP Sales and Marketing will be responsible for the company’s overall sales and marketing strategy and execution.
The VP Sales and Marketing will provide planning and leadership to the Sales/Business Development and Marketing
teams by ensuring that the appropriate structures, systems, competencies, and values are developed to meet and
exceed the goals of the Sales and Marketing plans.
The VP Sales and Marketing will assume overall responsibility for developing and execution of:
– The annual Sales and Marketing plans for the organization;
– The execution of the entire sales/BD plan;
– Strategic market planning;
– Market research programs; and
– Building and maintaining the Solace brand.
The VP Sales and Marketing’s Typical Day at Solace Power:
– Lead sales and business development initiatives that are consistent with the company’s overall strategy.
– Identify, develop, and manage strategic partnerships leading to improved revenue generation and profitability.
– Build and manage a sales/marketing/business development team.
– Be responsible for establishing a feedback process for all members of the sales and marketing team.
– Set marketing and sales team targets that are required to achieve company goals.
– Manage complex contract negotiation and work with legal counsel as required.
– Develop and maintain a company marketing plan. Lead the implementation of this plan in cooperation with other
– Oversee the management of the overall company’s visual and online identity.
– Oversee and manage company market research.
– Work with the engineering team to ensure that all aspects of the product(s), including packaging and
documentation, adhere to branding guidelines and promises, and manage outbound communications ensuring
it’s consistent with Solace’s technology.
– Collaborate with other team members, executive or otherwise, to develop proposals for customers and
– Organize and direct marketing strategy meetings on a regular basis whereby the strategy and promotion
programs are reviewed.
- Be the voice of the customer inside the company, to ensure that the customer is never forgotten in the development of products.
- Oversee the quarterly company (internal) newsletter, plus the eventual creation of a separate customer-facing newsletter
- Organize and direct marketing and strategy meetings on a regular basis whereby the strategy and promotion programs are reviewed.
- Build, execute, and measure marketing campaigns.
- Work directly with prospects and customers as needed.
- Oversee Solace’s marketing and sales technology systems.
- Be the driving force in the development of the work ethic, culture and values of the team and company in general.
- Through personal example, establish the style and approach which characterize the Solace way and the team dealings with the marketplace and each other.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Must-Have Requirements (like coffee in the morning):
- University degree in a relevant field i.e., Marketing, Engineering.
- Minimum of ten (10) years’ relevant work experience.
- Solid leadership and project management skills.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to communicate directly with technical and sales groups at all levels,
- being conversant in technical and business issues.
- Knowledge of sales and marketing processes and activities, including experience with CRM tools
- Expert problem-solving capabilities to resolve complex problems.
- Must be self-motivated, be a team player, have a strong desire to learn, and be adaptable to a fast paced, everchanging
- Ability to manage own time and to direct and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to travel internationally
- Moderate-to-great skills in ping pong and an appreciation of good beer (or other beverage of choice!).
- Nice to have this too… (like dessert with every meal!):
- An MBA and/or a degree, diploma or other certification in engineering or another technology-related discipline would be an asset but is not required.
- Experience using HubSpot preferred, ideally with experience in HubSpot development/programming for improving sales and marketing processes and analytics
- International exposure and the ability to communicate in multiple languages is not required but would be an asset.
Solace Power Inc. offers employees a comprehensive benefits package, including participation in an employee stock option plan.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com