Do you want to join a team where you work on challenging problems, make a positive difference to the world, and have fun doing it? Then we have the perfect role for you! Verafin is an innovator in anti-financial crime management solutions, with a mission to create the world’s most effective crime-fighting network.
As a Senior Software Developer you will have the opportunity to work on a variety of challenges, with a focus on creating innovative solutions. You will use your curious mind, refined problem-solving ability, and code writing expertise to bring fresh new ideas to life. Your contribution will help Verafin fight crimes such as human trafficking, elder abuse, and drug trafficking and you’ll join a large team who is equally passionate about making a difference. Being a Senior Software Developer at Verafin means getting the opportunity to have a positive impact on the world while doing what you love – solving complicated problems using the power of code.
– Working in collaboration with your team, while delivering project requirements
– Designing solutions to solve technical problems
– Mentoring and coaching team members
– Completing code reviews to ensure quality
– Helping develop new features, bug fixes and optimizations
Essential Skills & Qualifications
– A university degree or college diploma in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
– 5+ years of Software Development experience
– Strong analytical skills and creativity to solve complex problems
– Experience in object-oriented software development
– Experience with automated testing
– Willingness to ask for help, learn from, and mentor others
– Top notch interpersonal and organizational skills making teamwork a positive experience
Would be good to have experience in a few of the following areas
– Java, Python, Scala, or a similar language
– Core Banking Systems
– Amazon Web Services
– Intelligent systems, artificial intelligence, and data science
– Distributed computing
– Database technologies (PostgresSQL)
– Big data technologies
– Data extraction, transformation/cleansing, and integration
What Does Success Look Like In This Role?
– Understanding the goals of the team while using problem solving skills to achieve them
– Helping others realize their potential through mentoring and coaching
– Producing clean and efficient code
– Iterating consistently on coding practices for continuous improvement
What Does Growth Look Like In This Role?
– Develop along the technical leadership path including Subject Matter Expert, Lead Developer and Architect
Industry and on-the-job training is provided for all roles at Verafin.
Verafin places a high value on building a diverse team, candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can best assist you.
When possible, please submit your resume and other documentation in PDF format.
Mobile devices are not supported for job applications currently. Please apply using a desktop device for the best user experience.
Please note: we frequently see our jobs posted on job aggregators, which are essentially search engines for jobs. Generally those sites ask you to use their sites to apply for the posted job and they do not send us the application. As a reminder, the only way to apply for a job with Verafin is on our site www.verafin.com/careers. We look forward to reviewing your application.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.