Do you want to join a team where you work on challenging problems, make a positive difference to the world, and have fun doing it? Then we have the perfect role for you! Verafin is an innovator in anti-financial crime management solutions, with a mission to create the world’s most effective crime-fighting network.
Verafin is a cutting-edge software company focused on delivering next generation fraud and money laundering solutions to financial institutions across North America. Our rapid growth and continuing success means we have an opening for an experienced Cloud Database Administrator to join our team. This technical role will be responsible for providing technical, operational and strategic support for Verafin’s Production Environments.
- Perform administration of database servers in cloud based environments
- Coordination/ implementation of systems, software and services
- Ensuring standards are applied for all upgrades, problem tracking, management and resolution.
- Formulates recommendations and performs testing, change control, installation, integration, diagnostic analysis and return to service of the environment.
- Develops and coordinates system and procedural documentation
- Activities such as daily backups, performance tuning, security additions/changes/removals, security policy implementation, data access controls, configuration/patch management, risk management, change control administration and AWS cloud automation.
- Work with product engineering, supporting, maintaining, and designing storage infrastructure for Verafin products
- Leading infrastructure-based projects
- Technical and personnel leadership
Essential Skills & Qualifications
- Strong experience with relational databases
- Technical experience with the following technologies: PostgresSQL/MySQL, AWS RDS
- Expansive knowledge of Linux environments
- Proficient in automation across multiple platforms
- Experience with DevOps tools, operational monitoring, and alerting
- Consistently bringing new ideas to the team and working on process improvements
- Must be able to think and adapt quickly to meet business needs
What does success look like in this role?
- Understanding the goals of the team while using problem solving skills
- Developing cloud-based services that have good uptime, health, and security
What does growth look like in this role?
- Technical leadership path including Senior Software Developer, Lead Developer, and Architect
This role will close at 5:00 pm NST on January 23rd, 2024
To apply for this job please visit nasdaq.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.