Website SubC Imaging
About SubC Imaging
We’re a passionate team dedicated to SubC Imaging’s innovative products, aiming for top customer satisfaction. SubC values sharing ideas and perspectives and providing opportunities to learn and enhance professional skills.
Take advantage of our flexible schedule program in the scenic Clarenville area of eastern
Newfoundland, where you can balance work and life. This is a full-time position, based in our Clarenville, NL office. A Relocation Package may be provided to the successful candidate.
As an essential part of our technically diverse research and development team working on cutting-edge subsea imaging systems, you’ll report to the Engineering Manager. Your crucial role involves ensuring the design and delivery of top-notch products to our customers. You are enthusiastic about leading continuous improvement, optimistic, and possess a team-player attitude. This role is for someone who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced setting, demonstrating innovation and a focus on meeting deadlines.
What you will do as our ELECTRONICS DESIGN ENGINEER:
Develop schematics and layouts for printed circuit boards using design tools like KiCad.
Utilize circuit simulation software to validate designs, and create comprehensive product specifications, block diagrams, FMEA, and testing plans for new projects.
Modify existing firmware in C++ for microcontrollers, ensuring optimal performance.
Testing & Validation Mastery:
Employ a variety of techniques, including simulations and physical testing, to ensure board functionality and reliability.
Verify PCB performance standards and operating conditions tomeet stringent quality requirements.
Harness your creativity, problem-solving skills, and past experiences to identify and rectify issues with existing PCBs and electronic systems.
Component Selection Expertise:
Carefully select electronic components based on design specifications and the desired functionality of the final product.
Create and maintain PCB bill of materials to assist the procurement process.
Work closely with cross-functional teams, including mechatronics, software development, production, and sales, to seamlessly integrate PCBs into overall product designs.
Contribute to the completion of product assembly guides, testing instructions, user manuals, and datasheets.
Support the production team by building and testing prototypes to specifications, and conduct field tests to ensure product robustness.
Key Proficiencies and Qualifying Characteristics:
● Degree or equivalent in Computer or Electronics Engineering or a related field
● 2+ years of PCB design experience
● Proven ability to read and generate electronics schematics
● Interest in prototype and product development
● Knowledgeable in analog and digital circuit design theory
● Experience with board level circut troubleshooting
● Experienced with prototyping and debugging techniques
● Excellent investigative problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
● Reflow and hand soldering of PCBs and for prototypes **
● Android programming and development **
● Understanding of photography theory **
** Value-Added Skills
What we offer:
● Hourly pay: At SubC everyone is paid an hourly wage because we believe in mutual transparency and trust. Your time is valuable and we believe that, too often, corporations take advantage of salary workers with unrealistic working hours.
● Flex time: Life is complex. Work around your own schedule with the freedom and flexibility to manage your work and define what work-life balance means to you.
● Vacation: Two weeks vacation (to start), one extra vacation day each year of employment, additional paid time off during Christmas week, provincial statutory holidays plus three additional SubC stat holidays.
● PTO days: Five days per year.
● Health/dental coverage: Sun Life industry standard with Health Spending Account.
● Matched RRSP plan: We match your contribution for retirement planning.
● Wellness program: Spending account for fitness equipment/memberships and various initiatives throughout the year focusing on physical, mental, and financial wellness.
● Employee Giving Program: Charitable Giving Program Fund amount of $250 to donate to your charity/non-profit of choice.
● Continuous Learning & Development: Continue honing your skills with professional development plans and online learning.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please confirm your readiness to relocate to Clarenville, Eastern Newfoundland, if selected. We look forward to receiving your application. Thank you for considering a role with SubC Imaging!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com