St. John's International Airport Authority
Established in 1998, St. John’s International Airport Authority (SJIAA) is a private, not-for-profit corporation that exists to provide a safe and efficient transportation facility that is a catalyst for economic growth at Newfoundland and Labrador’s premier gateway. Approximately 70 per cent of all non-resident visitors who travel by air to and from the province do so through the St. John’s International Airport.
SJIAA is currently looking for a Manager, IT Services & Cyber Security. Reporting to the Director of Information Technology, you will be a key member of the Senior Leadership Team and will be responsible for developing, delivering and supporting strategic initiatives as part of SJIAA’s continued journey in digital transformation. In addition to leading the infrastructure and business solution environments, you will also play a lead role in the development and sustainment of key cyber security and information protection services.
· Participating in the development of the IT vision and strategic objectives to ensure alignment with SJIAA’s overall strategic plan
· Managing an internal IT team and various vendor managed service providers, including the development of work schedules and assignments for staff; ensuring the appropriate balance between operational and strategic demands; vendor management; ensuring proper staffing levels; participating in the recruitment and selection of staff; administering and interpreting the collective agreement; evaluating and managing performance of direct reports including discipline; addressing any grievances; and establishing training and career development plans
· Preparing and administrating the IT Department’s operating budgets, and assisting in the preparation and administration of the overall IT budget; evaluating corporate and external stakeholder needs and conducting cost and system health analyses to maximize the value of technology investments
· Developing and managing SJIAA’s Information Protection, Privacy and Cyber Security program including procedures to ensure service requests requiring access to confidential labour relations information are managed appropriately
· Providing leadership, direction, planning, development, support, and administration of the technical environment for the SJIAA (i.e., network, voice services (phone, radio), security, virtualization, monitoring, data storage and business solutions/applications)
· Responsible for infrastructure reliability, availability, performance, problem management / elimination, and IT disaster recovery
· Developing organizational IT policies and procedures in collaboration with the Director of IT, Senior Leadership Team and relevant stakeholders
· Ensuring all tasks are carried out with respect to applicable regulations, processes and procedures as defined by the SJIAA
· Leading, scoping and coordinating the management of multiple technical projects and operational initiatives and ensure successful delivery of solutions through effective prioritization, issue management, and communication with stakeholders and Senior Leadership Team
· Participating and/or leading in the procurement, supply and negotiation of IT operational goods and services; develops Requests for Proposals/Quotes, evaluates proposals and provides recommendation in the selection of the successful bidders
· Designing, deploying, and supporting infrastructure solutions to meet standardization, consolidation, security, regulatory compliance, and application system qualities
· Improving the effectiveness and efficiency of IT operations and drive significant operational, risk management, and economic benefits for the organization
· Preparing and presenting status updates for the Board of Directors and Senior Leadership as required
· Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or equivalent knowledge and experience
· A minimum of 7-10 years of progressive IT leadership experience in Infrastructure / Networking / Software Development and IT Support environment
· Strong understanding of ITIL (or similar ITSM methodology) and working knowledge of incident, problem, change and release management, policies and procedures
· IT experience in a technical hands-on position relating to network, system administration (e.g., patching, upgrades), virtualization, storage, security management (e.g., firewall, anti-virus implementations, identity management and password solutions)
· Working knowledge of Cyber Security methodologies (e.g., NIST) and demonstrated experience implementing and/or enforcing security and compliance frameworks
· Understands technical architecture standards and concepts with proven track record to apply those to project work (e.g., architecture design).
· Experience with IT Risk Management
· Experience working with external vendors (e.g., Managed Service Providers, SaaS) and associated contractual obligations (e.g., SLA’s)
· Proven experience implementing and/or managing enterprise level applications
· Superior troubleshooting and analytical skills with a strong customer service focus
· Excellent communication skills, commitment, discipline, positive attitude, following management prioritization and accountability
· Strong leadership, relationship-building and interpersonal skills
The Airport Authority is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must clearly demonstrate in their resume that they meet the posted qualifications for the position. Proof of education/certifications must be provided prior to appointment to position. The successful applicant will be required to provide a satisfactory certificate of conduct, obtain and maintain a Restricted Area Identification Card. Only applicants considered for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org