Senior Web/Database Developer
ARMS Inc. (www.armsonline.ca) is a private company located in St. John’s, NL with a team of training, support and IT professionals in Newfoundland and Labrador, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, Ontario and British Columbia.
ARMS began in Newfoundland and Labrador in 2004 by providing tailored web-based case management services to six Aboriginal Skills and Employment Training Strategy (ASETS) agreement holders and 80 Employment Assistance Services (EAS) offices funded by Employment and Skills Development Canada (ESDC) and the Province of NL. Over the past 18 years, the company has expanded significantly with technology solutions provided via the ARMS system to approximately 660 organizations with over 3,600 users.
ARMS is designed to be customizable. Clients can choose the features/capabilities they need and remove those they don’t. New features can be developed and deployed quickly. We have many different customized versions of ARMS currently running to meet the needs of varied clients. We have a wide variety of clients – ISET Program and Skills and Partnership Funds grant agreement holders, First Nations, Inuit, and Metis as well as wide variety of non-Indigenous Community Agencies providing employment services, supporting persons with disabilities, children in care, women apprentices, labour market information and social housing clients. ARMS has learned from collaborating with these clients and developed features to better support their service delivery. This learning and the resulting improvements in ARMS Inc.’s software benefit all our clients. ARMS Inc. strives to continuously improve its products and services through investing in collaboration and partnerships.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities:
As a successful candidate you will assist in –
- Analysis, design, implementation, delivery, maintenance and support of ARMS system functionality and related solutions
- Data management, custom reporting and queries
- Customer support and troubleshooting
Skills and Experience:
As a successful candidate you will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- MUST be able to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada “Reliability” security clearance
- Possess a degree, diploma, or certificate from a recognized IT institution or program
- Experience working with modern web development technologies and practices, including ASP.NET and SQL Server, and/or similar technologies
- Experience working with report design tools, including Crystal Reports and/or similar technologies
- Understanding of information privacy and security principles
Brendan Hagerty |General Manager| firstname.lastname@example.org
Jump Recruitment Specialists | www.jumpcareers.ca
We embrace diversity. Individuals that represent a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest, however; only those candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted. Applicants considered for the position will be subject to a background check. This opportunity is only available for candidates legally entitled to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit www.jumpcareers.ca.