Venor is proud to partner with Provident10 on their search for a Manager, IT Operations and Cyber Security. Provident10 oversees the investment management and pension administration of the Public Service Pension Plan in Newfoundland and Labrador and is one of the largest pension plans in Atlantic Canada. The organization is focused on implementing new and best-in-class processes that leverage its technological investments to better manage the over $10 billion plan, serve its 55,000 Plan members and streamline supporting systems. The organization was recently recognized as one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers for the second year in a row.
Reporting to the Vice President, Systems and Quality, the Manager, IT Operations and Cyber Security will lead and manage the IT operations and security function at Provident10. This role will be primarily responsible for ensuring the ongoing currency and availability of all aspects of Provident10’s corporate network and operating systems, ensuring IT operations (i.e. HelpDesk, asset management, budget development, policy development) are efficient and effective, and Provident10’s cyber security posture is appropriately resilient to current cyber threats.
What you’ll be doing
As the Manager, IT Operations and Cyber Security, you will be responsible for the overall management and leadership of Provident10’s IT operations, cyber security presence, corporate network, and operating systems. Regular day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Manage a small team of IT support staff
- Actively monitor and report cyber security threats
- Update/patch/upgrade management across network devices and corporate applications and software
- Manage licenses and the renewal of IT hardware
- Deliver the Security Improvement Program and associated work packages
- Conduct and remediate annual Penetration Testing
- Deliver and report on Provident10 Phishing Campaigns
- Develop and deliver Provident10 Security Awareness Training
- Draft and comply with IT policies and procedures
- Contribute to IT asset management (procurement, evergreening, tracking)
- Remediate accepted findings from Internal Audit, Enterprise Risk
- Manage the Internal Control Framework pertaining to IT operations and cyber security
- Lead continuous improvement efforts across the IT operations and cyber security functions
- Contribute to the leadership and management of the S&Q team and budget activities
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of work experience in IT Support/Operations
- Completion of a post-secondary certification in a related field
- Deep understanding and experience with implementing cyber security best practices
- Advanced knowledge and work experience with IT Operations, Cyber security, cloud architecture, cloud solutions, and ongoing infrastructure support and maintenance.
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Client and Server operating systems, MS Azure, and Office 365
- Advanced knowledge of switch/firewall/architecture best practices (preference for Cisco, Meraki experience)
- Strong vendor management skills
- Ability to translate business requirements into viable technical solutions
What’s in it for you:
Cutting-edge cloud tech – Provident10 leverages modern cloud-based architecture as a result of cloud-first adoption. You’ll be working with the latest Azure services out there.
Opportunity for impact – this role will influence critical technical systems and programs that are the backbone of Newfoundland and Labradors largest pension fund of 55,000 members with over $10 billion in assets.
Admired company culture – Provident10 is a widely recognized great place to work, offering employer-matched contributions to a defined benefit pension plan; a hybrid work policy; and in-house health and wellness initiatives.
At Venor and Provident10, we embrace a culture of belonging in the workplace. No matter who you are, where you’re from, how you think, what you believe in, or who you love, we welcome your application. We all come from different backgrounds and different walks of life, bringing in unique perspectives and experiences. We encourage applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the application and interview process, please let us know (including different materials or otherwise).
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com