Website PolyUnity Tech Inc.
Reimagining Better Healthcare Outcomes
PolyUnity Tech Inc. (PolyUnity) is looking for a Product Designer to join our team. The Product Designer will be responsible for assisting in the design and production of new and improved healthcare products.
Why join PolyUnity?
PolyUnity is an agile health-tech company, with a strong social conscience, focused on improving healthcare outcomes. PolyUnity partners with healthcare organizations and their innovation programs to develop and deliver advancements in additive manufacturing (e.g. 3D Printing) for the healthcare sector locally and around the world. We are innovators, committed to empowering passionate healthcare providers to improve patient outcomes and reduce costs.
We are a growing company that values our people! We provide an energetic company culture and a welcoming team. We understand the importance of providing employees with training and opportunities to grow in their careers.
PolyUnity is committed to creating a safe, healthy, and welcoming working environment for all current and future team members. We promote diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging within our own company culture and our industry. We strongly encourage all applicants to apply, including but not limited to, women, 2SLGBTQIA+ folk, indigenous peoples, people of visible minorities, and people of various ages and abilities.
What do we have to offer you?
A competitive salary, a hybrid work environment, 4 weeks PTO plus a company wide end of year break between Christmas and New Years. PolyUnity has a minimum of one social event per month, bottomless coffee, and office snacks. Further, PolyUnity offers career development and training opportunities as well as meaning and impact for your career!
What are we looking for in you?
We are a team of local experts that uses rapid manufacturing to deliver product solutions to healthcare professionals quickly and at a low cost. For this role, it is essential to be open to learning, sharing, and critically thinking about design.
You will have autonomy, respect, and support from our team. We do not expect you to be an expert in everything. Your desire to learn and improve will play a role in your success. Initiative is applauded! Excellent communication and cross-functional development skills will be needed. We want you to be a key player in improving healthcare outcomes with a rapidly growing, people-centric company.
You will be working with the Production & Design team. The individual will/may be jointly responsible for:
– Rapid CAD design for improving, replicating, and inventing healthcare products
– Operating, maintaining, and troubleshooting 3D printers (FDM/FFF, resin, etc)
– Onboarding new 3D printing hardware and software packages
– Researching the newest 3D printing materials, printers, systems, and trends
– Working with emergent technology like 3D Scan-to-Print and creating workflows
– Collaborating directly with customers & partners to develop their product ideas
– Validating designs by prototyping, testing, and collecting user feedback
– Optimizing designs and workflows for production at scale
– Developing processes, procedures, and workflow guides
– Knowledge of additive manufacturing: troubleshooting hardware, design for 3D printing, general knowledge of various technologies in the industry
– An interest in how things are made: the mechanisms, assemblies, and why design decisions are made
– A developed understanding of common manufacturing procedures
– Great documentation and written communication skills
– Experience with Fusion 360, Blender, Meshmixer or similar CAD software suites
– Valid driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle
– Experience with Quality & Inventory Management Systems
– Experience with risk management and mitigation in healthcare
– Excellent communication skills, both formally and informally
– Experience leading a team
Cover page, Resume, Transcript, Portfolio.
– Please include a portfolio of noteworthy CAD designs, 3D printing, or ANY other interesting projects of any type. Portfolio should be image-centric with short descriptions, but no predefined format is set. Portfolio should be in PDF format (can be combined with one of the other docs, stand alone, or a link to a separate website).
Don’t meet every single consideration? We encourage you to apply even if your experience doesn’t exactly match. You may be an excellent candidate for this position or others with us!
Location & Details
St. John’s, NL, Canada
If you seek a meaningful career with an exciting, growing, socially conscious, health-tech company, then check us out and apply today! Help shape the future of healthcare!
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com