Website PAL Aerospace
Inspired by Challenge. Opportunity with Reward. Committed to Community.
These are the pillars on which PAL Aerospace is built. We operate on a foundation of innovation – it’s at the core of our business, in everything we do. We’ve spent forty years building a strong reputation centered around our ‘can-do’ attitude, creating customized, cutting-edge solutions for our clients at home and abroad.
When you think of a Canada-born aviation success story, PAL Aerospace Engineering ranks high on the list. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON, PAL Aerospace Engineering (formerly DECA Aviation) works with internal and external clients to create readymade solutions and turnkey engineering and design that push the boundary of innovation. We’re a proud company of the Exchange Income Corporation (TSX:EIF) giving us the opportunity to work with internal clients across Canada, while maintaining a growing portfolio across the globe.
PAL Aerospace is currently seeking qualified applications for Mechanical/Structural Engineers. We are recruiting for multiple positions, and open to all experience levels. With flexibility in mind, we welcome candidates throughout Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces to apply. Our employees can work from any of our PAL offices throughout Eastern Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on individual projects or as part of a group in all areas of aircraft modification and repair projects for wide range of aircraft from normal through transport category fixed and rotary wing;
- Support in interfacing directly with customers, equipment suppliers, TCCA/FAA/EASA and subcontractors in support of project requirements;
- Preparation of engineering and airworthiness documentation from modification conceptualization to final approval:
- Engineering analysis and reports, primarily in areas of structures, mechanical systems and occupancy safety
- Airworthiness approval documentation
- Airworthiness compliance reports
- Design models and engineering drawings for various aircraft modifications
- Technical publications such as maintenance manual supplements, Instructions for continued airworthiness, flight manual supplements, etc.
- Ground and flight test plans, analysis, and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years’ work experience in a technical role supporting aircraft development, modifications and/or repairs;
- A bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably Aerospace Engineering;
- Candidates with highly applicable experience (5 years) will be considered in lieu of engineering degree;
- Knowledge of airworthiness regulations and standards from Transport Canada, FAA and/or EASA;
- Knowledge and direct experience in Design Approval Organization (DAO) activities is preferred;
- Experience with cad software (Solidworks and AutoCAD software packages is preferred);
- Experience in aircraft structures and static stress analysis;
- Knowledge and experience in any of the following areas would be considered an asset:
- Finite Element Modelling Software packages (i.e., FEMAP/NASTRAN)
- Systems safety analysis, FMEA, FHA
- Fatigue and Damage tolerance
- Flight testing
- Structural dynamics
- Computerized Fluid Dynamics
- Experience in preparation of engineering reports;
- Experience in generating aircraft technical publications;
- Excellent organization and time management skills to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously;
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and publication skills with strong attention to details;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills.
What PAL Aerospace offers you:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- PAL days
PAL Aerospace is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.