Website PAL Aerospace
Inspired by Challenge. Opportunity with Reward. Committed to Community.
These are the pillars on which PAL Aerospace is built. We operate on a foundation of innovation – it’s at the core of our business, in everything we do. We’ve spent forty years building a strong reputation centered around our ‘can-do’ attitude, creating customized, cutting-edge solutions for our clients at home and abroad.
When you think of a Canada-born aviation success story, PAL Aerospace Engineering ranks high on the list. Headquartered in Vaughan, ON, PAL Aerospace Engineering (formerly DECA Aviation) works with internal and external clients to create readymade solutions and turnkey engineering and design that push the boundary of innovation. We’re a proud company of the Exchange Income Corporation (TSX:EIF) giving us the opportunity to work with internal clients across Canada, while maintaining a growing portfolio across the globe.
PAL Aerospace is currently seeking qualified applications for Avionics Engineer. We are recruiting for multiple positions, and open to all experience levels. With flexibility in mind, we welcome candidates throughout Ontario, Quebec and the Atlantic Provinces to apply. Our employees can work from any of our PAL offices throughout Eastern Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work on individual projects or as part of a group in all areas of aircraft modification and repair projects for wide range of aircraft from normal through transport category fixed and rotary wing.
- Support in interfacing directly with customers, equipment suppliers, TCCA/FAA/EASA and subcontractors in support of project requirements
- Perform on-site installation surveys as required
- Effectively communicate with on-site installation team during modification
- Manage Engineering design changes during installation
- Participate in and witness Flight/Ground/EMI testing
- Preparation of engineering and airworthiness documentation from modification conceptualization to final approval:
- Engineering analysis and reports, primarily in areas of avionics
- Airworthiness approval documentation
- Airworthiness compliance reports
- Design models and engineering drawings for various aircraft modifications
- Technical publications such as maintenance manual supplements, Instructions for continued airworthiness, flight manual supplements, etc.
- Ground and flight test plans, analysis, and reports
- Other duties as assigned
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in a technical role supporting aircraft development and/or modifications related to avionics systems
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering (preferably with a focus in Aerospace) or other relevant and applicable education
- Candidates with highly applicable experience (5 years) will be considered in lieu of engineering degree
- Knowledge of airworthiness regulations and standards from Transport Canada, FAA and/or EASA is preferred.
- Knowledge and direct experience in Design Approval Organization (DAO) activities is preferred
- Proficient with use of electrical drafting in AutoCAD
- Experience with Solid Works 3D modeling would be considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience in civil avionics and electrical systems is required
- Knowledge and experience with Functional Hazard Assessments, Systems Safety, Failure Modes and Effects Analysis is considered an asset
- Knowledge and experience with environmental qualifications such as DO-160 would be considered an asset
- Experience in preparation of engineering reports
- Experience with aircraft maintenance procedures such as AMM, WDM, IPC, scheduled maintenance, test procedures, test equipment, safety practices, etc
- Excellent organization and time management skills to be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent verbal communication, writing and publication skills with strong attention to details
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills
What PAL Aerospace offers you:
- Personal travel privileges with PAL and interline agreements with other airlines
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Employee Tuition Assistance Program
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- PAL days
PAL Aerospace is committed to fostering an inclusive work environment that celebrates and encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion whereby individuals are recognized, supported, and respected. Candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Only those individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.