Website OPAS Mobile
Industrial operations management software
OPAS Mobile is a St. John’s-based startup that’s using machine learning to build a ‘Safer, More Productive Workplace’. We work with industrial service providers (think construction, oil & gas and mining) to automate important tasks and eliminate HSEQ risk. Since launching only 14 months ago we’ve gained customers in every province and, recently, in South America.
As a small company with big ambitions, we are seeking driven individuals who want to be a part of our success and see the tangible results of their work every day. This is an exciting time to join our team as we strive to reach 10,000 customers by the end of the year.
- Continuous improvement and progress
- Foster a culture of honesty, openness, and team loyalty
- Prioritize diversity and inclusion within team and clients
We’re seeking a full-time React Native developer to take our mobile app to the next level. While a proof of concept has been built, there is still much to be done to bring the project to completion.
As the primary mobile developer, you’ll be responsible for implementing remaining features, testing, and preparing the app for release. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact at an early stage startup and see your work come to life in a finished product.
If you have a passion for mobile development and are ready to take on this exciting challenge, we encourage you to apply.
Here’s a list of the main tools and technologies we use in our day to day at OPAS Mobile.
- React / React Native
- Apollo Server
- AWS (EC2, S3, Cloudfront, Lambda, etc.)
- YAML (very little)
- GitHub (Source Control, Actions)
- Apollo Studio
- MacOS (Macbook will be provided)
- Humble, able to take constructive feedback well and use it as a tool for growth
- An excellent verbal communicator with the ability to clearly explain a problem, solution, or idea
- Skilled at written communication, able to present technical information in a clear and easily understandable manner
- Curious and always learning new things, technologies, tools, etc. Our stack is far from perfect and we’re always open to improvement!
- Able to work for any employer in Canada without sponsorship
Nice to Haves
Although experience isn’t required for the role, having it in any of the following areas would be a huge plus!
- React Native
- Any of the core technologies or tools above
- Mobile App Development, Deployment, or Release on the Play/App Store
What’s in It for You
- An opportunity to have a huge impact on an early stage startup that’s making it easier for companies to keep people safe
- Employee stock options
- Excellent benefits
- 3 Weeks of paid vacation per year
- Unlimited sick days
- Generous training and development allowance program
- Remote Friendly – Our company values the ability for employees to work from a location where they feel most productive, whether that be in a traditional office setting, remotely from home, or even from a beach.
- Flexible Hours – At our company, you have the freedom to choose when you work best, whether that be during traditional business hours or outside of them. Our core working hours are from 10am to 3pm (NST), outside of that you are free to work when you’re at your best.
Salary will be depend on skill level, experience and history
We provide options for either remote work (anywhere in Canada) or in person at our St. Johns officePart-time hours: 40 per week
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com