Website Office of the Chief Information Officer
Referral Number: OCIO.22.23.1672 (https://www.hiring.gov.nl.ca/Jobs.aspx/Details/27807)
1 Permanent Position
1 Permanent Position
1 Permanent Position
Division: Corporate Services and Projects
Department: Office of the Chief Information Officer
Position Group: Management
Location: St. John’s
Closing Date: 12 Apr 2023
Salary (scale): $73,553 – $95,619 (HL-22)
Reporting to the Director of Project Delivery, the Manager of Information Technology (Project Manager) is accountable for managing day-to-day operations of multiple Information Technology (IT) projects for Government Departments, select agencies, boards and commissions. Prime responsibilities include: Planning, executing, controlling and closing out multiple projects against defined scope and budget; Ensuring assigned projects align with organizational standards, policies and procedures; Creating, maintaining and obtaining sign off on project charters and project plans detailing deliverables, timelines and required resources; Conducting recurring project control reviews and submitting status reports; Monitoring project budgets and projections; Negotiating for required internal IT and business resources; Creating and maintaining risk/issue logs and escalating issues to stakeholders and steering committee as appropriate; Capturing and documenting operations’ transition plans for post-implementation of a solution; Reviewing and contributing to documents and deliverables produced by the project team including detailed business requirements, detailed architecture design, test plans, system documentation, etc.; Providing feedback and guidance to project team members; Managing stakeholder expectations and working through difficult conversations and decisions with project team, Management and Executive; Building client relationships to ensure overall project success.
- Completion of undergraduate degree in Computer Sciences or Information Technology (equivalencies will be considered)
- Experience managing information technology projects
- Experience managing budgets
- Experience leading or mentoring others in a project environment
- Experience with application support and service delivery
- Project management certification (e.g. PMP) (Asset)
- Knowledge of application management/development principles and practices
- Knowledge of the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology
- Budget management skills
- Project management skills
- Stakeholder engagement skills
- Ability to effectively exchange information
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to manage time and tasks
- Client service orientation
Conditions of Employment: Recent and satisfactory Criminal Records Certificate from local police
Conditions of Acceptance:
- Willing to accept on-call (occasional)
- Willing to work overtime (occasional)
Information for Applicants:
For more information about this opportunity please call: Cynthia Sheppard (709) 725-5095 or Adrian Barnes (709) 729-0535
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- This competition is open to Internal Applicants AND other persons legally entitled to work in Canada.
- It is the responsibility to the applicant to submit an application that clearly demonstrates the screening criteria.
- Applications that do not demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
- Applicants will not be contacted to resolve incomplete, unclear or contradictory information.
- Application information must be factual, complete and current to date of submission.
- Application information may be subject to verification.
- All contact information submitted must be accurate, including mailing address, email address and telephone number.
- The pool generated from this competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
How To Apply:
Please visit the following link to create a user profile: https://www.hiring.gov.nl.ca/Applications.aspx/Create/27807
Please ensure your application clearly references the competition number OCIO.22.23.1672.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com