Our client NetBenefit is hiring a Senior Developer to join their growing team!
The world needs to move fast to develop the new green economy, empower underserved populations, and create communities where everyone has an opportunity to thrive. NetBenefit is a software company that helps organizations move development forward to enable a brighter future. We provide a platform that focuses on the social impact of development so that organizations can move forward efficiently, in a measured and equitable way.
We are a fast-moving tech company with strong corporate values of fairness, trust, and transparency. As a company, we do the right thing when nobody is watching, we embrace challenges, we grow, and we focus on results.
This position is intended for someone who wants to do meaningful work and have a positive impact on the product and the team around them. We’re looking for a developer who is strong technically, has the ability to continue learning as technology evolves, and can confidently support other developers. The position is remote with an option to work in-office in St. John’s.
In this role, you’ll work with an incredible team as part of a highly innovative company. We’re growing very fast and being faced with tough problems on a daily basis. We’re also incorporating leading edge technology into our product to redefine the experience that clients can expect in our space. If you’re interested in being a leading developer on a world-class engineering team, this position is for you.
What you will be doing:
Our Senior Developer will come with technical experience, the ability and drive to continue learning as technology evolves, and can support the development team. The position is remote with an option to work in-office in St. John’s.
- Participating in the development of full-stack software applications
- Working to define requirements and develop solutions in an AGILE environment
- Providing support to less experienced developers through coaching and code reviews
- Testing and documenting software components
- Supporting end-users in resolving technical issues
- Working with the Sales Team to understand customer needs and translate into product features
- Making recommendations and implementing improvements to the DevOps and Development processes
What you will bring:
- 4+ years professional experience in a team-based, collaborative environment
- Code review, full-stack development experience with React, Node.js, and experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server required
- Demonstrated problem solving and software development capabilities
- Exceptional technical and non-technical communication skills
- Experience with the following are not required, but would be considered an asset:
- Familiarity with AI development tools, Material UI framework and UX concepts
- Microsoft PowerBI
- MS Azure
- An interest in continuous learning and professional development
Don’t meet every single requirement? Research shows that women and people of colour are less likely to apply for jobs unless they meet every single qualification listed! We recognize that our team members skills and abilities don’t only come from work experience but lived experience outside of the workplace too! We are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and authentic workplace for all current and future team members.
If you’re excited about this role but your past work and lived experience doesn’t tick all the boxes for every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply!
The deadline for application is Sunday, April 30th. Please apply directly online at https://peoplestuff.bamboohr.com/careers/299
This is a full-time salaried position with a competitive compensation and benefits package that reflects the value we have for our team. Our office is located in downtown St. John’s, NL however the position may be filled remotely. In addition to an annual salary which starts at $90,000, employees receive:
- Unlimited Vacation
- Paid Statutory / Provincial Holidays
- Group Health Benefits Package
- Employee Stock Option Plan
- Cell/Internet Credit of $100/Month
- Remote work environment, with the option of in-office work environment in St. John’s
- Working with an inclusive team in a positive, energetic work environment
Salary shall be commensurate with the combination of experience of candidates.
NetBenefit is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
If you require accommodation during the recruitment process or require this job advertisement in an alternative format, please contact Chad Decker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (709) 697-2423.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com