At Mysa, we make smart thermostats! As the only company to offer a solution for all available types of HVAC systems, our vision is to make smart home energy management tech that keeps folks comfortable and builds a better future for our planet.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Software Developer with a focus in DevOps to join our team in St. John’s, NL or remotely in Canada!
The Senior Software Developer – DevOps on the Mysa team will be responsible for developing highly scalable and reliable software using our modern software stack (Node, DynamoDB and ReactNative, running on AWS and Azure) that engages hundreds of thousands of customers and connected devices interacting with our cloud service!
Our team is small but mighty, and we thrive in a collaborative team environment where everyone works together to achieve common goals. The embodiment of our #WeBeforeMe mindset is crucial as this is one of our company’s core values!
As the Senior Software Developer for the DevOps Team, you will be responsible for:
- Manage and administer cloud environments primarily on AWS, with experience in Azure, ensuring reliability, scalability, and security.
- Implement and maintain robust monitoring solutions to proactively identify and address issues, with a focus on AWS CloudWatch and Azure Monitor.
- Monitor cloud resource usage and costs, identifying opportunities for optimization and cost savings, while ensuring efficient resource allocation.
- Lead and automate deployment processes using DevOps best practices, leveraging tools like AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Azure DevOps, and Docker containers.
- Implement and maintain Infrastructure as Code (IaC) using tools like AWS CDK, Terraform, or
- Azure Resource Manager, ensuring reproducibility and scalability.
- Work with Docker containers and container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes to manage and scale containerized applications.
- Collaborate with security teams to implement and enhance security practices, including access control, encryption, and compliance in cloud environments.
The ideal candidate:
- Diploma/Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field combined with software development training
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant software development work experience
- Proficiency in AWS services and Azure services, with a strong focus on infrastructure management, networking, and security.
- Experience with cloud resource provisioning, configuration, and management using
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools like AWS CloudFormation.
- Knowledge of cloud security best practices, including identity and access management (IAM), encryption, and network security groups.
- Strong expertise in automating deployments using CI/CD pipelines and tools like Github Actions or Circle CI.
- Expertise in setting up and configuring monitoring and alerting systems, such as AWS CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, New Relic, or ELK.
- Proven experience in incident response and troubleshooting based on monitoring alerts.
- Proficiency in scripting languages like Python for automation tasks, including configuration management and orchestration.
- Analytical thinker, with a creative mind, and an adaptable nature
- Ability to work well on your own, or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly present solutions, while efficiently multi-tasking various priorities
More About Mysa
Since entering the North American market in 2018, our thoughtfully-designed-in-Canada smart thermostats for electric heating or cooling have been warmly welcomed into customers’ homes and hearts, garnering thousands of 5-star reviews.
Recognized as a leading employer in the booming Canadian tech sector, we were named the 2022 Tech Company of the Year by Tech NL, and one of Atlantic Canada’s Top Employers in 2023.
By creating innovative smart home tech to help our now-global customer base use their home and business energy more efficiently, we’re living our mission to fight climate change and build our electric future.
Why Join Our Team?
Simply put, it’s all about you. We recognize and respect you as an expert in your field, and support you as you grow and thrive in your role.
At Mysa, we’re proud to provide perks like:
Unlimited paid vacation
Flexible environment & hours
Competitive salary structure
Annual salary increases
Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
Comprehensive Group Health Plan
Employer-matched RRSPs or 401K
Maternity & Parental Leave Top-Up Program
Training & Development Allowance Program
Health & Wellness Allowance Program
Smart Home Tech Credit & In-Office Tech Allowance
Mysa is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting diversity and inclusion across race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and all things that make us different and wonderful. Your application to this posting is deemed consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of personal information to facilitate our recruitment process. We respect the confidentiality and privacy of all of our applicants.
Interested in this role, but unsure if your “on-paper” qualifications match? Apply anyway — we’re always looking for team members who break the mold.
Thanks for considering Mysa as your future work home. We’re excited to get to know you.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.