Your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
Extracting and optimizing performance of our prototype biosensor PCB, including working with ECG and PPG signals as well as temporal synchronization of the entire system. You will lead the development of the digital communications strategy across the platform including SPI/I2C, Wifi and cellular data transmission. Additional efforts will focus on test plan development and execution leading to a design freeze and transition to manufacture.
Depending on interest, opportunities are available to contribute to the R&D of a variety of biosignals, medical image processing, and technical support of our upcoming clinical trials.
· C, C++, python, assembly programming experience
· Experience in or ability to learn communications protocols including I2C, SPI, USB, GPIOs, CAN bus, RS232, RS485
· Ability to read a schematic and board layout
· Experience working with Arduino and other single board computers
· Excellent debugging and software optimization skills at the System on a Chip (SoC) level
· Device drivers
· Hardware test equipment including oscilloscope and logic analyzer
· Academic degree in computer, electrical or biomedical engineering
· Strong oral communication and writing skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Nice to have:
· Prior exposure to medical device development with 3-5 years experience
· Experience working with multi-threaded and real-time operating systems
· Experience working with biosensors including ECG & PPG
· Experience working within a quality management system and regulated industry
Would you like to join JVPLabs and make a meaningful and direct impact on patients living with congestive heart failure?
In your cover letter, please indicate why you are interested in this position and JVPLabs. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
JVPLabs is based in the rugged and beautiful St. John’s, Newfoundland & Labrador, Canada however we are truly a pan-Canadian operation with additional team members remotely working in British Columbia and Ontario. We are engaged in the research and development of a non-invasive home monitoring solution for patients with congestive heart failure. Our device includes both an imaging system and several biosensors designed to enable the assessment of the jugular venous pressure. Come work with our multi-disciplinary team of doctors and researchers who are working to transform the lives of the 600,000 Canadians currently living with congestive heart failure and the millions more around the globe.
Hybrid work environment with 40% of time office based in St. John’s. Remote employment for exceptional candidates is a possibility as is gradual transition into the province leaving the hustle and bustle of congested city life behind.
To apply for this job email your details to info@JVPLabs.com