Website Government of Newfoundland & Labrador - Office of the Chief Information Officer
The Office of the Chief Information Officer is looking for an experienced Java Developer interested in joining our team. The OCIO provides a professional information technology and information management capability aligned to support the business of government and the citizens of Newfoundland and Labrador.
Competition number: OCIO.23.24.0718
Closing Date: October 10, 2023
The Senior Programmer Analyst (Java Developer) position will provide technical support and development for enterprise-wide financial applications including online ePayment Broker Services, Central Web Receipting (CWR), Government Rebates, and Financial Management System (FMS). The senior Programmer Analyst is responsible for but not limited to significant Java development, redesign, and enhancement for the online ePayment Broker system. One of the functions of this position is ensuring PCI compliance for ePayment Broker Services resulting in the highest information security standard. The incumbent will require expert technical knowledge to complete critical service requests and application patching, updates and enhancements to ensure the financial integrity and security for these systems. The incumbent will work closely with the business to understand and translate business requirements into technical solutions.
1. Completion of an undergraduate degree or diploma program in computer science or computer studies (equivalencies will be considered)
2. Minimum of 2 years of experience in developing or supporting Java applications with structured and object-oriented programming
3. Experience working with relational databases such as Oracle and/or SQL Server
1. Knowledge of system design and development lifecycle
2. Knowledge of industry application development best practices (e.g., security)
3. Knowledge of working in a client service-oriented environment
4. Knowledge and experience in developing applications with Java related technologies such as Java 8+, Java Server Pages, Servlets, Java Server Faces, web services using REST (XML), SOAP (JSON), web server software such as Tomcat, Eclipse IDE, Java tools such as Maven and Hibernate, and web frameworks such as Spring/Spring Boot
5. Knowledge and experience with relational databases such as Oracle and/or SQL Server
6. Knowledge and experience with operating systems such as Linux and/or Windows
7. Ability to effectively exchange information
8. Ability to work independently
9. Ability to manage time and tasks
10. Ability to think critically
Conditions of Offer
1. Recent and satisfactory certificate of conduct from local police
Conditions of Acceptance
1. Willing to accept on-call (occasional)
2. Willing to work overtime (occasional)
Additional information for this job posting can be viewed on the Newfoundland & Labrador Careers job portal – https://www.hiring.gov.nl.ca/job-details/28531
All applications must be submitted through the Newfoundland & Labrador Careers job portal.
To apply for this job please visit www.hiring.gov.nl.ca.