Genesis is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Finance and Operations Lead, reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations. In this multifaceted role, you will not only excel in financial matters but also provide essential oversight for Human Resources and Facility Management functions. You take pride in your leadership skills and embrace the opportunity to mentor and coach others. You have a strong entrepreneurial drive, prioritizing long-term sustainability. You are well versed in preparing financial statements and supporting annual financial audits. You have strong organizational skills, are articulate, proactive and energetic, can think strategically and are able to work in a fast-paced environment. If you have a burning desire to make Newfoundland and Labrador stronger through the technology sector, then we want to hear from you!
· Provide leadership and direction to the Finance & Operations team;
· Budget monitoring and preparation of monthly/quarterly forecast reports;
· Coordinate month end processes;
· Provide professional guidance to programs team budget holders about methodology, assumptions and program financial results;
· Ensure contract compliance regarding funding terms and conditions and allowable expenses;
· Preparation and reporting of claims;
· Oversee the accounts receivable and payable functions;
· Collect underlying data used in key performance indicator reporting requirements;
· Support the year-end and audit process;
· Oversee operational HR and facility management duties;
· Maintain integrity of information by building and monitoring robust procedures and processes;
· Other duties as assigned.
Compensation is competitive and based on experience.
· Successful completion or ongoing pursuit of a CPA designation, diploma, or equivalent accounting certification is required;
· 3-5 years experiencing in financial analysis;
· Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel Pivot Tables and/or financial modelling experience;
· Experience with budgeting and financial planning;
· Experience working in a fast-paced environment;
· Experience in identifying or implementing continuous improvement initiatives.
As Newfoundland and Labrador’s pre-eminent innovation hub, Genesis is known for its flagship incubator program, Enterprise, which began over 25 years ago. Since its inception, Genesis has expanded its programming to support startups from the ideation stage all the way to scaling their business. Genesis exists to help build amazing technology companies in Newfoundland and Labrador.
Why work with Genesis?
– Our core values are continuous improvement, collaboration and community;
– We embrace the concept of a lean culture that fosters creativity, trust and professional growth;
– Professional Development opportunities to every employee;
– An annual employee incentive program;
– Retirement planning allowances;
– Reduced summer hours and generous leave allotments and flexible work time;
– Comprehensive Group Health and Dental Benefits package;
– Company-wide quarterly staff strategic retreats and team building activities where we continue to build our team, boost employee engagement and make work fun!
– A modern workspace with incredible city views at the base of Signal Hill and steps away from some of the best hiking trails in the City.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Genesis is committed to employment equity and diversity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including women, people of any sexual orientation, gender identity, or gender expression; Indigenous peoples, visible minorities and racialized people and people with disabilities. To apply, provide a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by 4:00pm on Monday, October 16, 2023. No phone calls please.
Please be advised that we are unable to provide updates on current competitions. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posted on Oct 4, 2023.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.