Benefit from our flex time program by creating a schedule that allows you to enjoy working AND
living in the picturesque Clarenville area of Newfoundland that seamlessly blends natural beauty
with a thriving community and exceptional career opportunities!
Reporting to the Mechatronics Manager, you will be a key member of a technically diverse team
creating the most advanced and intelligent subsea imaging systems. You’ll play a critical role in
ensuring the delivery of high-quality products to our valued customers. You’ll help with designing
PCBs, selecting components, performing hardware tests, and more. If you’re someone who is
passionate about leading continuous improvement, has a passion for electrical design as displayed
through previous projects, is optimistic, and has a team-player attitude, then we want to hear from
Apply today with a cover letter, resume, and show us the projects you’ve done and what you
can bring to SubC Imaging!
What you do as an Electronics Design Engineer:
● PCB DESIGN: Create schematics and layouts for printed circuit boards using design tools such as
KiCad and use additional software for circuit simulation. Create product specification, block
diagrams, FMEA, and testing plans for new designs. Modify existing firmware in C++ for
● TROUBLESHOOTING: Use your creativity, problem solving, and draw from your previous
experiences to identify and correct problems with existing PCBs and electronics
● TESTING & VALIDATION: Ensure board functionality and reliability using a variety of techniques
such as simulations and physical testing to verify PCB performance standards and operating
● COMPONENT SELECTION: Select appropriate electronic components based on design specs and
the desired functionality of the final product as well as create bill of materials.
● COLLABORATION: Collaborate with other members of the mechatronics team, the software
development team, the production team, and the sales team to ensure seamless integration of the
PCB into the overall product design.
● PRODUCTION SUPPORT: Assist with the completion of product assembly guides, testing
instructions, user manuals, and datasheets. Further support the production team by building and
testing prototypes to specifications and performing field tests.
Skills and attributes:
● Degree or equivalent in Computer or Electronics Engineering or a related field
● 2+ years of PCB design experience plus project portfolio
● Proven ability to read schematics
● Interest in prototype and product development
● Knowledgeable in analog and digital circuit design theory
● Experienced with rapid prototyping and debugging techniques
● Highly motivated, proactive, analytical thinker
● Excellent investigative problem-solving skills, with meticulous attention to detail and the ability to
work in a fast-paced ever-changing environment
Nice to haves
● Reflow and hand soldering of PCBs and for prototypes **
● Android programming and development **
● Understanding of photography theory *
** Value-Added Skills
About SubC Imaging:
SubC is a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are encouraged to be shared, where you’ll
also have the opportunity to learn and develop your professional skills.
The 3 C’s of our company values:
● ContinuousImprovement: We continuously work to enhance our users’ experience with the
goal of making their lives easier.
● Collaboration: We wouldn’t be able to stay as innovative as we have been in our 13+ years
without constant collaboration within the SubC team, customers, scientists, and technical
● Culture: When we asked our employees to describe SubC’s environment three words kept
popping up: Inclusive, teamwork, and flexible
What we offer:
● Hourly pay: At SubC everyone is paid an hourly wage because we believe in mutual transparency
and trust. Your time is valuable and we believe that, too often, corporations take advantage of salary
workers with unrealistic working hours.
● Flex time: Life is complex. Work around your own schedule with the freedom and flexibility to
manage your work and define what work-life balance means to you.
● Vacation: Two weeks vacation (to start), additional time off during Christmas week, one additional
vacation day for each year of service, 6 stat holidays plus three additional SubC stat holidays
● PTO days: Five days per year.
● Health/dental coverage: Sun Life industry standard with Health Spending Account.
● Matched RRSP plan: We match your contribution for retirement planning.
● Wellness program: Wellness Spending account for fitness equipment/memberships; SubC Social
Club; SubC Fit team challenges and individual wellness challenges throughout the year with prizes;
● Employee Giving Program: SubC Imaging assists our employees’ charitable endeavors by donating
up to $250 per employee per fiscal year to their charity/non-profit of choice.
● Continuous Learning & Development: Continue honing your skills with online learning and
professional development plans.
● Ladder to climb: SubC is growing, we are looking for people to grow with us as we develop new
technologies and markets.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skillsrequired for the posi
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org