econext is seeking a Manager, Membership and Community Engagement to join their team in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, to support clean growth in Newfoundland and Labrador and play a key role in helping to shape its future green economy.
econext is a not-for-profit association of businesses that accelerates clean growth in Newfoundland and Labrador, working on behalf of over 200 members to foster environmentally sustainable economic development.
Newfoundland and Labrador is a province with immense clean growth potential. Its vast untapped clean energy resources provide for substantial renewable energy, hydrogen, and clean fuels opportunities. It is an innovator in creating value from waste streams, and is home to a world-leading cluster of expertise in the sensing, characterization, and monitoring of the environment. Its current strengths in its natural resource sectors, from offshore oil and gas to mining, are helping to pave the way for the energy transition.
Application Deadline: February 27, 2023
What you will be doing:
This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to support clean growth in Newfoundland and Labrador and play a key role in helping to shape its future green economy.
The primary objective of the Manager, Industry and Community Engagement is to meet and engage with econext’s diverse array of members to understand their challenges and opportunities – and help troubleshoot them based on an intimate knowledge of the support and funding options available to the business.
- Meet and engage with econext’s diverse array of members to understand their challenges and opportunities
- Assist members navigate challenges and opportunities based on an intimate knowledge of the supports and funding options available to the business
- Develop strong corporate and community relationships to create awareness of econext and its work
- Build support for econext’s initiatives, and provide opportunities for it (and its members) to ‘give back’
- Organize events and take a lead role in managing econext’s social media and electronic newsletter
- Lead the organization’s efforts to ensure that it is providing maximum value to its members
What you will bring:
The Manager, Industry and Community Engagement will have a background in Business or Economic Development and be able to engage in discussions at the firm level on business growth opportunities and plans.
For this role, econext is looking for an individual with a vibrant and outgoing personality and a willingness to be proactive and self-directed in their work. The individual excels at developing strong and trusting interpersonal relationships.
The individual must also be an effective communicator to establish, maintain, and foster new relationships – and have the capacity to think creatively in order to envision how econext can provide value and assistance to its members and community partners.
- A university degree or college diploma
- 3-5 years experience in business development roles
- A vibrant and outgoing personality
- Strong communications skills, both written and spoken
- Ability to develop strong and trusting interpersonal relationships
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to thrive both as a member of a team and independently
- Demonstrated skills in event planning
The Manager, Industry and Community Engagement is a full time salaried permanent position. econext offers a competitive compensation package, and the following benefits:
Health and Dental
20 Paid Vacation Days
15 paid Federal and Provincial Holidays
Extended holiday office closure
Hybrid Work Environment
Monday and Friday Work from home
Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday Work in the office
Salary Range: $60,000 – $70,000
econext is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a work environment that supports, inspires, and respects all individuals, and in which personnel processes are merit-based and applied without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, gender identity, marital status, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristics.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com