As an Assembly & Quality Assurance Technician at SubC Imaging, you’ll play a critical role in ensuring the delivery of high-quality, perfectly functioning products to our valued customers. SubC is a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are encouraged, where you’ll have the opportunity to learn and develop your skills while working on innovative projects. If you’re someone who is passionate about leading continuous improvement, collaborative, optimistic, and have a team-player attitude, then we want to hear from you!
About SubC Imaging
We’re a small but mighty team of about 30 people who are passionate about SubC products and motivated to deliver the highest customer satisfaction possible. SubC is a place where everyone’s ideas and perspectives are encouraged to be shared, and where you’ll also have the opportunity to learn and develop your professional skills.
The 3 C’s of our company values:
● ContinuousImprovement: We continuously work to enhance our users’ experience with the goal of making their lives easier.
● Collaboration: We wouldn’t be able to stay as innovative as we have been in our 12+ years without constant collaboration within the SubC team, customers, scientists, and technical experts.
● Culture: When we asked our employees to describe SubC’s environment three words kept popping up: Inclusive, teamwork, and flexible
*This position is based out of our Clarenville facility*
As an Assembly & Quality Assurance Technician with SubC you will be responsible for:
● Performing assembly of SubC products (mechanical parts, housings, test setups, and prototypes) using detailed assembly documents
● Troubleshooting any problems encountered during assembly and testing
● Performing final checks and adjustments for any defects to ensure high-quality products
● Becoming our Towed Camera System assembly expert
● Performing soldering tasks as required
● Working effectively on a team with other technicians to achieve production and quality goals
● Maintaining a clean, safe and orderly work area
○ incoming raw materials for quality assurance
○ machined and electronics components
○ completed products prior to arranging shipping
● Identify and segregate non-conforming raw materials and product components for further inspection and review
● Running quality control and reliability testing according to test plans
● Assist us with improving product QA procedures towards greater efficiency and reliability by updating/analyzing data for process improvement initiatives based on trends identified
● Providing support and assistance to R&D with QA documentation review and assessment
● Assisting with preparation of outgoing shipments
● Practical mechanical knowledge/aptitude and experience
● Detail and results-oriented
● Ability to read and understand mechanical drawings
● Strong analytical, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
● Commitment to learning and the ability to adapt to change
● Must be a team player with a willingness to always pitch in to help
● Friendly and positive attitude
● Ability to juggle multiple deadlines simultaneously, multitask, and prioritize
● Ability to lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
● Experience using hand and power tools
● Hourly pay: $18-20/hour depending on experience and capabilities. At SubC everyone is paid an hourly wage because we believe in mutual transparency and trust. Your time is valuable and we believe that, too often, corporations take advantage of salary workers with unrealistic working hours.
● Flex time: Life is complex. Work around your own schedule.
● Overtime: In the rare occurrence of a long week, we pay overtime at 1.5x.
● Vacation: Two weeks vacation, Christmas week off, plus three additional SubC stat holidays.
● Sick and/or mental health days: Five days per calendar year.
● Group Benefits Plan: Co-paid Blue Cross insurance plan with Flexible Health Spend Account.
● Matched RRSP plan: We match your contribution for retirement planning.
● Wellness program: Spending account for fitness equipment/memberships, SubC Fit team challenges throughout the year with prizes, pop-up activities, etc.
● Continuous Learning & Development: SubC fully supports continuous learning and career development. Continue honing your skills with online learning and professional development plans.
● Ladder to climb: SubC is growing, we are looking for people to grow with us as we develop new technologies and markets.
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is
not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skillsrequired for the
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org