We are seeking a Technical Writer to create and update technical documentation to support our growing business. The successful candidate will be able to work in a fast-paced team environment and would be interested in contributing to the direction of future Kraken products.
Kraken Robotics offers a unique career opportunity to work with an internationally recognized leader in ocean technology that is harnessing our world class talent to provide superior subsea solutions for global security, environmental, and scientific challenges. Our highly talented team design and manufacture technology platforms for NATO navies and commercial clients throughout the world and provide acoustic 3D Synthetic Aperture Sonar (SAS) data solutions and imaging in the offshore energy sector with increasing focus on offshore renewables.
Kraken offers an attractive and competitive compensation package designed to reward our team for a job well done. With locations around the world, we support remote working packages and encourage professional and cultural collaborations. Kraken is an equal opportunity employer focused on promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion and we value the diversity of our team that contributes to our company growth and development.
- Write, edit, and maintain documentation, as well as track document revisions and approvals
- Convert MS Word documents into MadCap Flare
- Maintain Kraken’s master documentation list by manually entering part numbers into an xlsx
- Develop and maintain templates, while adhering to corporate branding and internal standards
- Meet and follow-up with Subject Matter Experts for information gathering
- The following would be an asset:
- A technical background, specifically in ocean technology or the subsea sector
- Familiarity with LaTeX
- Experience with version control systems, such as Tortoise SVN and GIT
- An engineering background
- Experience working with drawings and their relevant programs
- A minimum of five years’ technical writing experience
- Excellent writing, proof reading, and oral communication skills
- Ability to quickly absorb and explain technical information with a high degree of accuracy
- An aptitude and desire to learn and use new technologies
- Able to work independently, as well as effectively within a team environment
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Skilled in the use of the following:
- Microsoft Word, Adobe FrameMaker, MadCap Flare or other content authoring tools
- Microsoft Office: PowerPoint, Excel, and Publisher
- Adobe: Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Work With Us
This position will allow someone the opportunity to make an impact while also having support for growth and development within their role. If this sounds exciting to you, and you are approachable, engaging and enjoy helping employees and business functions to succeed, we are interested to hear from you. The location for this position is in Mount Pearl, Newfoundland.
To apply for this job please visit www.careerbeacon.com.