Website St. John's International Airport Authority
St. John’s International Airport (SJIAA) is a not-for-profit, non-share capital corporation with a mandate to operate a safe and efficient air transportation facility at Newfoundland and Labrador’s premier transportation gateway. A catalyst for economic growth, we generate our own revenue, raise our own capital, pay municipal taxes, and pay rent to the Federal Government on an annual basis to operate the Airport on behalf of the community we serve. We are committed to offering an exceptional airport experience for our passengers and enhancing the economic and social well-being of our community.
SJIAA is currently looking for a Business Analyst. The Business Analyst is responsible for gathering, evaluating, documenting, validating, and managing business requirements. The Business Analyst works directly with internal and external clients to understand their business needs and to translate them to actionable requirements and ensure deliverables are aligned to the overall business need. The scope of activities includes helping the organization achieve targeted business outcomes related to improved organizational efficiency and risk mitigation.
The business analyst focus is to provide services that:
1. Assess information technology (IT) systems to guide people, processes, and technology requirements to optimize digitize legacy processes.
2. Support organizational change and digital investments in business outcomes by providing consultations on what kind of features or modifications would best serve the organization’s strategic goals.
3. Create business deliverables that clarify strategic intentions, identify business outcomes, explore implications, impacts, and mitigate risks to better meet business needs.
4. Help understand, apply, modernize, and operationalize existing, new, and emerging technologies to transform and optimize business and operating models.
· Application of the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge methodology, processes, and tools in conjunction with IT Project Management standards and procedures.
· Elicit and document business requirements via the appropriate methods for each engagement, including but not limited to the following: interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits/observation, business process analysis and, use case scenarios.
· Proactively communicate and collaborate with internal and external clients/customers to analyze, document, and validate their information needs and functional requirements and deliver key artifacts including, but not limited to: Business Requirements Document, Process Maps, Functional Requirements, Requirements Traceability Matrix, Use Cases, Functional Specification Document, Business Cases, and Cost Benefit Analysis.
· Utilize data and draft reports to develop business insight to assist decision-making.
· Define operational support, budget requirements, and ensure documented operational procedures in addition to vendor service level agreements adequately reflect and support the objectives of the IT division.
· Serve as the requirements conduit between stakeholders (internal and external clients/customers) and the delivery/IT team.
· Manage requirements throughout the project’s lifecycle to ensure adherence to established scope and standards.
· Utilize your experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies to the benefit of the organization.
· Successfully engage in multiple, simultaneous initiatives (which may be at different project lifecycle stages).
· Possess and exhibit strong analytical and requirements management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret client/customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
· Undergraduate degree in Business, Computer Science (or related field) preferred, or 3yr college diploma.
· Minimum 3-5 years of business analysis work experience.
· Demonstrated knowledge and practical application of Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) framework and methodology.
· Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
· Project Management/Delivery skills and experience in medium scale projects.
· Experience in the design, development and implementation of key performance indicators relating to projects.
· Superior analytical skills to analyze the overall business need as well as minute details; recognize the strategic implication of issues; and provide sound recommendations.
· Demonstrated ability to produce high quality business analysis documentation efficiently and effectively (e.g., Requirements/Needs Assessments, Fit/Gap Analysis, Functional Specifications, etc.) at the appropriate level of detail, for internal and external departmental communication.
· Superior ability with multidirectional and cross functional communication (written and verbal) with internal and external stakeholders.
· Relationship management and presentation skills to acquire relevant information, influence responsible decisions based on relevant business issues, and portray complex ideas in a manner that is easily understood by various audiences.
· Familiarity with airport and aviation business processes is considered an asset.
· An equivalent combination of experience and training may be considered.
Apply to: Human Resources
Administration Office, ATB
SJIAA is an equal opportunity employer. Proof of education/courses must be provided prior to appointment to position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com