Website Xplorobot Canada ULC
Xplorobot has opened an office in St. John’s NL as part of a large contract with Wood, a local engineering company. We are looking for a Software Engineer to join this new team. This is an exciting new position where the candidate will have the opportunity to work with multiple leading-edge technologies. They will work closely with Robotics Engineers evaluating the ability of robots from several manufacturers to autonomously navigate around complex sites and acquire data with high-end sensors. They will have the opportunity to work on a variety of software topics ranging from 3D gaming engines and mobile application development to sensor drivers, backend databases, and data processing using computer vision algorithms.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work with researchers to develop and test new software algorithms.
- Improve automation of the workflow and develop tools to reduce bottlenecks.
- Respond to user requests for bug fixes and feature requests.
- Work with software developers from client companies to interface the xplorobot software platform with proprietary client APIs and databases.
- Help maintain the desktop processing application, the 3D visualization application, the batch processing modules and the client phone/tablet application.
- Work with engineers to develop drivers for new sensors and integrate the sensors onto robots.
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc/MSc in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering or related discipline.
- Proficient working knowledge of C++ and Python.
- Experience with Linux and Windows.
- Helpful, but not essential, experience includes: databases, system administration and networking, 3D graphics and game development, VTK, computer vision techniques, OpenCV, Qt.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team. 1-5 years experience or a demonstrated self-starter able to learn quickly and work independently.
This is a full-time position offering CA$50,000 to CA$100,000 annually, a 401K savings plan and stock options.
About XPLOROBOT CANADA ULC:
Exploration Robotics Technologies Inc (Xplorobot) is small, fast-paced company developing fully autonomous industrial inspections. It is a very dynamic company working on leading-edge technology with autonomous robots, 3D gaming and mobile applications. We work closely with robot and drone vendors, integrating additional sensors for data acquisition. These robots are installed at industrial sites and acquire multi-sensor data daily which are then either processed on-site or uploaded for remote processing. We generate photo-realistic models and then use leading-edge algorithms to process and identify anomalies. Finally, the results are stored in a database where they can be downloaded by engineers for review on a phone or tablet application. See examples on our website: xplorobot.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
Company address: 1 Duffy Place, St John’s.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org