Who Are We?
As a group of passionate technology developers, successful entrepreneurs and industry experts, SiftMed (SM) isn’t your typical start-up. We are scaling and growing quickly and are looking for individuals with a passion for developing advanced technology and constantly pushing the envelope.
SM is an Intuitive Medical Case Analysis Software that uses Machine Learning, NLP and OCR to identify key pieces of information to help our customers review medical files. We help our users find the facts in medical data!
As a group, we never take ourselves too seriously but believe we truly can make a big difference. We enjoy having fun, from axe throwing, full company strategic offsites, bi-annual boil ups and did we mention birthday celebrations? We want everyone to be empowered, regardless of your role, you have a seat at the table and we want to hear from you.
We want our employees to succeed. We’re flexible on work hours, we’re ok with remote, we’re also happy to get you an office – we realise that some people work better in the morning/night or sometimes you need a break and that’s ok.
We recognize the importance of an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workforce. Diversity and inclusion are one of our core values. To this end, we commit to prioritising the hiring and promotion of people from traditionally marginalised groups and communities.
Who are you?
SiftMed is looking for a unique individual with a core set of skills, big ideas, and the drive to implement them. The ideal candidate is someone who is innovative, can grasp complex problems, and is looking to be part of a high-powered team from the ground level. We are currently integrating a variety of existing technologies. As such, we need a highly skilled computer programmer who is comfortable with both front and back end programming.
- Developing and maintaining front-end website architecture
- Developing and maintaining back-end applications
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization
- Designing and developing APIs
- Manage and Develop AWS Architecture
What do we offer?
First of all, we know that the individual we are looking for may have more than one opportunity. We offer competitive salary, a flexible work schedule, the opportunity to love your work and be challenged everyday. Wanna work from home? No problem. Need to get away? We can accommodate that too.
This position comes with a stock option plan and the opportunity to work with experienced colleagues who are captains of the industry to help guide your growth and success.
If you are looking for a change of pace, a chance to create, love cake, axe throwing and have an entrepreneurial spirit, we would love to hear from you.
Here are our prerequisites:
- A university degree in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Strong analytical skills for complex and creative problem solving
- Interested and curious in the research and development of new concepts
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills; able to work closely with team members
- Ability to learn and apply new technologies independently as needed
- At least 5+ years professional experience as a Full Stack Developer
Would be good to have experience in a few of the following areas
- Experience developing software platforms that can integrate with third party providers
- Proficiency with server-side languages such as Python, Ruby, Java, and PHP
- Experience in developing React frontends
- Experience using Amazon Web Services such as S3, Lambda, React, API Gateway, Cognito etc.
- Attention to detail
How to apply
If you meet or exceed the above criteria, we’d love to hear from you. Send your resume and interests to Info@siftmed.ca.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org