Position: Program Coordinator – ERC
Created in 1997, Women in Resource Development Corporation (WRDC) is a provincial non-profit
organization committed to increasing women’s participation in trades and technology. With private and
public funding, WRDC offers a variety of programs and services to address the challenges surrounding the
attraction, recruitment, retention and advancement of women in these sectors. Our charitable arm, the
Educational Resource Centre (ERC), was created in 2002, to provide hands-on learning and career
exploration opportunities for girls and gender diverse youth in science, technology, engineering and math
(STEM). STEMforGIRLS programs have provided opportunities to thousands of girls in urban, rural, and
remote communities, giving them valuable knowledge and experiences that shape their education
pathways and future careers.
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Program Coordinator will design, coordinate and
facilitate interactive and engaging youth educational workshops, activities and curriculum following
WRDC-ERC policies, standards and operating procedures. They will also develop and maintain a network
of professionals to ensure operational and financial support, as well as positive promotion of programs
through a variety of media sources. A sophisticated level of professionalism and confidentiality is crucial
for success in this role.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Deliver, implement, coordinate, and evaluate approved programming to ensure program
requirements are met and WRDC-ERC standards, guidelines and policies are maintained
• Develop, facilitate, and deliver interactive programs, workshops and sessions for girls and gender
diverse youth aged 9-18 including the creation, editing and distribution of program materials
• Work to create an interactive experience and sense of belonging to a community amongst
• Develop and maintain collaborative relationships with project partners, stakeholders etc.
• Assist with fund development activities and conceptualization of new projects to support program
delivery, including preparation of proposals and grant applications
• Monitor compliance with contract/grant requirements to ensure accuracy of reporting and all
deadlines and deliverables are met
• Oversee the day-to-day coordination of the assigned program(s) including recruitment of
participants, teachers, partner organizations, role models etc.
• Assist the research team in the development of logic models, surveys and other feedback
mechanisms as appropriate
• Provide recommendations and solutions to enhance program effectiveness
• Maintain databases and reference materials for ERC Programs and ensure program statistics are
up to date; gather information for reports
• Create and maintain website and virtual classroom content
• Provide program updates, as well as status and summary reports as required
• Other duties as requested
Qualifications and Requirements
• University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of relevant
work experience in program coordination
• Demonstrated experience in curriculum / training / workshops / program delivery
• Sophisticated communication skills (oral & written): ability to establish contacts and build long
term relationships; work collaboratively with businesses, industry associations, education
institutions, school boards, and community organizations/services etc.
• High degree of computer literacy and advanced working knowledge of Microsoft 365, social media
platforms, digital engagement tools etc.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, collaborate and work effectively in a team environment;
flexibility to meet workload demands
• Ability to collaborate with people remotely using virtual platforms
• Familiarity with digital engagement tools, working virtually with remote team members,
volunteers and external delivery partners is an asset
• High regard for quality, accuracy, attention to detail
• Related experience in the not-for-profit sector, and/or women centered organizations is an asset
• Experience preparing funding proposals and grant applications is an asset
• Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check is required upon employment and annually
At WRDC, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the
communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
• Hybrid / Remote / Flexible work environment
• Travel is required for this role. Travel expenses will be covered in accordance with WRDC policies.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000 per annum. WRDC offers a competitive compensation and benefits
package. Starting salary will commensurate with experience and skills.
Closing Date: March 20, 2022
Send Resume to: email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org