MechMonkey is a technology platform dedicated to easing automotive vehicle maintenance by innovating the service process. Through the MechMonkey mobile application, customers can get in touch with their local dealerships and garages, then book, manage, and track their maintenance appointments. We are a Startup currently operating in St. John’s, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada.
At MechMonkey, we are currently recruiting a Mobile App Developer, who should be a recent post-secondary graduate. The duration of this position is six months, and it is funded by the National Research Council (NRC IRAP) Youth Employment Program (YEP). There is potential for an extension after six months period. The ideal candidate for this position will be responsible for conceptualizing and executing clear, quality code to develop or improve our mobile application. The candidate will work with the founder & development team.
- Design, development, testing and debugging of front-end and back-end of the application
- Designing application from conception to completion
- Communicating effectively with the team members on various tasks and projects
- Contributing to team processes and quality control measures
- Monitoring, supporting, or enhancing existing application
- Other duties as assigned
Below are the requirements by NRC IRAP,
- 15 to 30 years of age
- a recent post-secondary graduate
- a Canadian citizen, permanent resident of Canada or person granted refugee status in Canada
- legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations
- a first-time participant in a Youth Employment and Skills Strategy work experience program targeted at post-secondary graduates
- Knowledge of mobile framework app development
- Time management and multi-tasking ability
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Building REST APIs, Express and Mongo DB, Flutter, Node.js
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.