Website Instrumar Limited
Do you love using data to find answers to difficult technical problems? Do you enjoy using machine learning and data analytics tools to solve real-world problems? Do you get excited by the idea of helping organizations turn data into intelligence? If so, we should chat.
You may not have heard of us before, but there’s a good chance that you are wearing, walking on, or driving in a product that we have helped make.
Instrumar is a Newfoundland-based technology company and for 40+ years we have been harnessing the technical and creative skills of our team of brilliant engineers, software developers and hardware specialists to build pioneering solutions to many industrial challenges. Our current products are based on the unique and amazingly powerful electromagnetic sensors and software that we have developed.
We are now on a mission to help the world’s leading manufacturers of synthetic fibers (think polyester and nylon) to revolutionize their quality, productivity and sustainability. We provide real-time monitoring of our customers’ production quality and can provide them with immediate actionable intelligence to avoid manufacturing defects, waste, and machine downtime. This isn’t some MVP or pre-commercial concept. Our sensor solution has been in the market for 20 years and some of the world’s leading fiber manufacturers rely on our technology to control their quality.
It’s all about the Data.
Our sensors generate A LOT of data. We built our commercial success by using this data to build algorithms and software that help customers find and react to quality defects in real-time. Now, we want to expand our use of machine learning and other advanced data analytics tools to make our algorithms even more intelligent and to find solutions to new problems that our customers encounter, with the ultimate goal of some day being able to predict quality defects and production problems before they occur.
Who we are looking for:
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic individual with solid knowledge of data analytics and experience in the use of machine learning techniques to help lead the growth of our data intelligence efforts.
- Identify, analyze and interpret patterns and trends in complex data sets that can be helpful for diagnosis and prediction;
- Work with our software team to process, clean and verify the integrity of data used for analysis;
- Develop and/or refine algorithms using various statistical and mathematical data analysis tools, including Machine Learning techniques, to identify anomalies and trends that are of concern to customers;
- Explore practical new approaches to data capture, analysis and visualization that increase the value we provide to customers;
- Work with internal and customer software/IT teams to develop and deploy our solutions within customer premises and in the cloud.
- Proven experience in the use of statistical modelling, probabilistic methods and machine learning techniques to solve problems;
- Able to clearly communicate and translate technical content and present relevant results to non-technical audiences;
- Good scripting and programming skills, and experience in Python and related libraries and toolkits (e.g.scikit learn, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, Jupyter notebooks, etc.);
- Experience in deploying data analytics on cloud platforms (AWS, Azure) and products related to hosted databases and VMs;
- Proficient in using query languages such as SQL and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, Postgres, and Parquet;
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as D3.js, GGplot, Grafana, etc.
- A Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, etc.) or equivalent experience;
- Research and/or applied project experience with time-series modeling;
- Experience with manufacturing and quality improvement; bonus points for experience in fiber or textile production, or work with electromagnetics or sensors.
You will excel in this role if:
- You are a strong team player with a positive attitude, enthusiastic about working as part of a team and have a willingness to adapt and wear multiple hats in a small company to meet our customer needs;
- You are capable of critical and independent thought, with the ability to work with other technical experts to collectively explore and solve problems;
- You can translate technical concepts into easy-to-understand terms for non-technical audiences;
- You have a deep intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn and explore new things, techniques, and technologies.
This is a full-time, permanent position with a competitive compensation package that includes stock options. We strongly support and encourage diverse candidates in our hiring. This position will ideally be located in St. John’s, NL, however we will consider alternative arrangements, depending on the candidate’s needs and situation.
If this is you, then please get in touch with us at email@example.com. Send us your resume and anything else you think is relevant – GitHub links, code samples, publications, fruit cake, etc.
We look forward to hearing from you!
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org