Website Government of Newfoundland & Labrador (Office of the Chief Information Officer)
Competition #: OCIO.23.24.0495
Reporting to the Design and Delivery Program Manager for Digital Government, the Senior Systems Analyst will work within a fast paced, and dynamic environment, providing expertise at a specialist level in the development of enterprise-level applications. We encourage a collaborative approach, as we continue to expand the delivery of citizen services across online delivery channels. The successful candidate will join a multi-faceted team to build out client serving solutions. Within this role, you will have the opportunity to: Translate business requirements and wireframes into detailed systems design and technical specifications; Develop, integrate and implement applications; Enhance the integration of services within the MyGovNL citizen platform; Work with other OCIO teams/branches to ensure efficient and supportable solutions are implemented; Create, update and maintain system procedures and standards; Work with various cloud-solutions and associated vendors; Mentor junior team members as required; Estimate development efforts and assist in project planning/sequencing, as required; Assist with software testing (e.g., unit, functional, automated, performance and integration) to verify code accuracy and completeness; and Provide feedback on architectural designs, solution approaches and software usage (emerging trends, functionality, use cases etc.). The incumbent may be asked to perform other related duties, as required.
- Completion of a degree or diploma in computer science, information technology or business (equivalencies will be considered)
- Extensive experience of a progressively responsible nature in highly complex technical environments. Experience in developing/supporting multiple large scale enterprise-level applications highly desirable.
- Experience with Oracle or SQL Server development
- Experience delivering IT solutions as per the system development lifecycle (SDLC), or equivalent project methodology
- Experience with .NET core and Web Services (asset)
- Experience with automated testing and/or performance testing and build server (asset)
- Knowledge of the application of business requirements to IT solutions
- Proficiency with analysis, design, and coding
- Knowledge of software development methods and best practices
- Stakeholder engagement and management skills
- Ability to work independently and also function effectively in a team-based environment
- Ability to effectively exchange information
- Ability to manage time and tasks
Conditions of Employment:
- Recent and satisfactory Criminal Records Certificate from local police
Conditions of Acceptance:
- Willing to accept on-call (occasional)
- Willing to work overtime (occasional)
Information for Applicants:
- The Government of Newfoundland and Labrador values diversity in the work place and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Disability related accommodations and alternate formats are available upon request at any stage of the recruitment process by contacting email@example.com, 709-729-0130 or toll free at 1-888-729-7690.
- Preference will be given to applicants who are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada or those who are legally entitled to work in Canada.
Applications must be received on or before the closing date stated for this job posting.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to submit an application that demonstrates the required merit criteria.
- Applications that do not clearly demonstrate the required criteria will be screened-out.
All applications must contain accurate contact information, including current mailing address, email address and phone number.
- All information submitted as part of this application must be factual, complete and current to date of submission.
- This competition may be used to fill future similar vacancies with the Government of Newfoundland and Labrador.
How to Apply:
Please visit the GNL Job Portal to create a user profile. Please ensure your application clearly references the competition number OCIO.23.24.0495. https://www.hiring.gov.nl.ca/job-details/28307
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org