Software Developer Instructor – Full Time, Temporary with a possibility of extension.
We are a nationally recognized career college that has been training graduates from across Canada and abroad for over 30 years in the fields of healthcare, business, supply chain and information technology.
The Software Developer Instructor plays a vital role in the delivery of Eastern Academy’s program. The position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
- Develop course Outlines which includes – Course Outcomes, Learning Objectives, Evaluation Scheme and Textbooks in accordance with required curriculum development standards.
- Create a learning environment conducive to student engagement and interaction.*
- Course preparation and delivery, including the development and/or maintenance of course portfolios and maintenance of a teacher planner.*
- Create lesson plans, including assignments, tests and/or projects for evaluation.*
- Maintain student records/files as per College policy.*
- Maintain and contribute to program curriculum reviews and updates.*
*Pending program approval by Government of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Combined six years training and experience relevant to software development with a Computer Science degree. All combinations of education and experience pertaining to software development will be considered.
- Experience in teaching is an asset.
- Experience in curriculum development is an asset.
- At least 2 years of industry experience as a Software Developer.
- Proficiency with both SQL and NOSQL database frameworks.
- Experience with AWS. Certification is an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Send Resumes to Anita Morgan, Regional Director
Mail: 22 Pearl Place, St. John’s NL A 1E 4P3